17 April 2012

World Balloon Convention 2012- Festival of Balloons

As the convention draws to an end, the Festival of Balloons begins! All the competition pieces, event decor and class designs were put on display for the day in one of the halls of the Sheraton hotel. The public were invited to come by and be amazed by all that we had created over the week.
Kids and adults loving the Festival!

Mala & Jean having a blast in the plane.

There were plenty of interactive balloon arrangements, like our huge hot air balloon, planes, cars and hats!
Visitors getting a taste of marriage... with balloons!

There were demonstrations and shows by magicians, twisters and entertainers on the stage.
Our friend Guy Sheffer from Israel, showing off his
balancing & twisting skills!

The Qualatex mascot, Mr Q even made an appearance!  
But all good things must come to an end and I then headed back to the airport for the long flight back to Sydney. I think the lack of sleep over the week had finally caught up with me and I actually managed to sleep on the plane.


Now comes the difficult task of sorting through all my notes and photos from the convention and putting them to good use. I will be practicing everything I learnt gradually over the next 2 years and designing lots of exciting new arrangements and decor. Check back regularly because I will be posting photos of anything 'WBC inspired' as I go. I hope you like them! Regards, Claire Geldard CBA xoxo